Paying fines

Mail a check to :        Clerk of Court  (Place the case name and case number in the memo of the check).

                                Clerk of Court
                                Polk Justice Center 222 5th Avenue
                                Des Moines, Iowa 50309

Credit cards:             Call the Clerk of Court and Pay by phone

                                Polk County Clerk 515-286-3917


Making a payment plan:
Polk County Attorney's Office:    
                                                                 Polk County Justice Center 222 5th Avenue
                                                                 Des Moines, Iowa 50309

You MUST bring the following with you:
    1) $100.00 MONEY ORDER payable to: "Clerk of Court" AND 
    2) Proof of income (You must have one of the following)
            A. Recent Paycheck Stubs (Two is preferred)
            B. Government assistance benefits (bring award letter)
            C. Unemployment income (statement of unemployment benefits receiving)
            D. Self employment income (proof of recent income) 
            E. If you have no income you need to get a "white sheet" from Iowa Work Force